Friday, October 28, 2011

The Dreaded Detox Bath

In my "What Can I Eat Now- 30 Days on the Intro to GAPS Diet" e-book (sample HERE) it says that I should be doing one detox bath a day.  First of all, I had never heard of a detox bath before this program, and second of all, we have one bath tub in our home, and it's one of those small ones that I don't really find relaxing.  When I think of a relaxing bath, I think of a nice big soaking tub in a beautiful setting.  Maybe something like this:


.
I know, I know- I need to be grateful for what I have.  I have visited other countries where a bathroom is a luxury, not to mention indoor plumbing.  I need to remind myself that as I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to take this step. 

I've come this far, though, that I should be doing everything I can to get the results I want, right?  So I decided that today I'm going to read about detox baths and try and work that into my schedule at least 4-5 times a week.  Maybe up to 7- we'll see!  Maybe I'll begin to love it and wonder how I ever lived without it.

Here's a web page from wikihow.com on detox baths:  Detox Bath.  This has already made me more excited to try it.  Interesting point from the post:  Your skin is known as the third kidney, and toxins are excreted through sweating. A detox bath will assist your body in eliminating toxins, as well as absorbing the minerals and nutrients that are in the water.

In the e-book it says: 

Detox Baths Detox baths are a part of the GAPS intro (and continuing) protocol. You will alternate between seaweed, Epsom salt, apple cider vinegar, and baking soda.

Each day along with the menu it tells you which kind of detox bath to take.  Today my detox bath is supposed to have seaweed powder, something I don't have.  I think for now I'll start off basic with Epsom salt, vinegar, and baking soda.  I had never cared to know what Epsom salt is made of until a few minutes ago:  MAGNESIUM sulphate.  Hmmm.  Think that might help my possible magesium problem?


OK- wish me luck.  I'll start this tonight.  (I know- torture to have to set aside half an hour a day to soak and relax, right?)

Have any tips on detox baths?  I'd love to hear them.



No comments:

Post a Comment